Integrity Servers
1753797 Members
7093 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Integrity rx2800 i2 Server: 1785-Drive Array Not Configured, No Drives Detected

hoangnguyen
Frequent Advisor

HP Integrity rx2800 i2 Server: 1785-Drive Array Not Configured, No Drives Detected

When booting HP Integrity rx2800 i2 Server, my server can not detect drives, message as follows:

Searching for devices.
HP Smart Array P410i Controller (version 5.16) 0 Logical Drives
1785-Drive Array Not Configured
No Drives Detected
Press "F1" to continue...

HDDs are ok. HDDs flash once at the begining and then stop.

We cleaned the server and cards inside.

We replaced with new HDDs.

Can any one help me to solve this issue?

If you need more infor, please let me know.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
hoangnguyen
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP Integrity rx2800 i2 Server: 1785-Drive Array Not Configured, No Drives Detected

We have replaced the SAS back plane in the server with a different board, the error "Drive array not configured, No drives detected" no longer occurs but the server cannot boot up. At that time the hard drive lights were steady green, no boot message was printed to the screen. Something is causing the server to hang.

Tried to access UEFI shell and it hangs on "searching for devices".. Users cannot access the internal boot drives. Tried access the P410i controller with the drvcfg comand but could not.

Who can help me, very urgen.

Thanks

KishJ
HPE Pro

Re: HP Integrity rx2800 i2 Server: 1785-Drive Array Not Configured, No Drives Detected

Greetings,

First of all, I hope the Array is compatible with both the server and the controller in use.

Then, I hope the firmware requirements at the server-end is met. 

Please note that both the above requires you to check the Array documentation.

Assuming all the above is ok, you may try enabling scanning at EFI-level. For steps please refer the link "Enable Fiber Channel Scan at EFI" - https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c01432218

For further troubleshooting it is best to engage HW Support.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

hoangnguyen
Frequent Advisor

My HP Integrity rx2800 i2 Server is using P410i Smart Array Controller, and this controller worked well before. We just replaced SAS backplane. It seems that server indentifies the HDDs (I guess so because HDDs flash and stay green when booting). So I think hardware and software are OK !!!!???

I'm not goot at HP integrity server so I don't understand for what the below suggestion: 

" you may try enabling scanning at EFI-level. For steps please refer the link "Enable Fiber Channel Scan at EFI" - https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c01432218 "

Can you show me more what happening with my server and what to next.

Thanks.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Enable Fiber Channel Scan at EFI"

this applies only to boot devices in SAN.

Maybe your controller has failed.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
hoangnguyen
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

If controller has failed, can I use P410 controller card (seperated card) instead of its P410i controller (on-board controller)?

Thanks.

hoangnguyen
Frequent Advisor

At the moment:
- If server works with the two old HDDs (slot1/slot2): Server cannot boot more after boot entry selected. We cannot use menus such as Shell, Boot device manager...Server may be hang on.

- If server works with one old HDD at slot2 (we guess something is working with slot 1), it can boot to step: 

"%Sysinit-i- waiting to form or join a OpenVMS Cluster", and keeps at

"%TNSCPLOAD-I-CONFIGSCAN, enabled automatic tape serving". 

This host2 is isolated from the system, only ILO and serial cable connected.

KishJ
HPE Pro

When the server is booting, at the time of initiating P410i Smart Array Controller you may be prompted to get into a session to troubleshoot/check the controller. I think it should give you an option to run diagnostics.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

hoangnguyen
Frequent Advisor

May be something wrong with some SAS backplane slots we tried to insert HDD into other slots and now configure RAID for HDD.

Not yet boot to the end, hope it good for next step.