S_Logan
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Superdome2

Hi Archi,

Please refer CPU Mixing Support in SD2 Quickspecs:

CPU Mixing Support
Superdome 2 governing rules for mixing processors are as follows:
тАв No mixing of processor families or blade types within a nPartition
тАв No support for processors running at different frequencies or different cache sizes within the same nPartition enabled
тАв Processor modules on a blade must be the same revision, frequency, & cache size
тАв Mixing of processors with different frequencies and/or cache sizes will be NOT allowed within a nPartition
тАв Mixing of CB900s i2, CB900s i4 and CB900s i6 blades within a complex is allowed; however, mixing of
blade types within a nPartition is not supported.

More information:

HPE Integrity Superdome 2 QuickSpecs

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Hawkeye
HPE Pro

Hi,

CPU's on Superdome 2 cell-blades are not interchangeable between generations.

i2 cell-blades only support 93xx CPU's

i4 cell-blades only support 95xx CPU's

i6 cell-blades only support 97xx CPU's

I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Archi1
Occasional Advisor

Hi

when I installed a 95XX processor in i2 server , the system detected a new procssor.

why?

is it related to the  npartition firmware?

if i2 server blade just working with 93XX , it can"t be detected a 95XX processor

Archi1
Occasional Advisor

Hi S-Logan

I don't wanna mix Processor modules and blade types in the npartition and complex

I have one SD2 16s with 8 CB900s i2 in one enclosure.

so, I wanna just change 93XX processor with 95XX  in my CB900s i2.

is it possible?

if not, why systems deetected a new processor (95XX) . see the attachment photo that I sent it before.

I think (I'm not sure) it's related to the firmware . and also I think the hardware of CB900s i2, CB900s i4 and CB900s i6 blades are same.

what do you think about that?

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Archi, Please refer the "Hawkeye's" reply on  Cell Blade (CB9000) Supportablity with the processors.

System may or may not detect the hardware changes., but supportablity issue may come , it may not work as expected.. 

Since,  SD2 is the High end Server your question must be checked with Hardware Support with hardware logs and  I strongly recommend you to please log a Hardware Support Ticket:

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/contact-hpe.html

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Hawkeye
HPE Pro

Hi,

It looks like you have already fitted the 9560 CPU's to your i2 blade, but this will not work and hence the nPar fails to power up.

To upgrade from i2 to i4 you need to replace the blade.

I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo