Integrity Servers
1748178 Members
4329 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help with EFI console output without a monitor on a rx2600

Corey_21

Help with EFI console output without a monitor on a rx2600

Ok so I somehow managed to deselect the VGA output for console display and now I can't install Redhat. I have HPUX installed already. So how do I reset the console output settings back to factory defaults. I tried pressing the reset button that didn't seem to do anything or maybe because it wanted verification from the keyboard, but I can't see anything. I also tried gaining access from serial port but all i have is garbled text. My settings for that is 9600-N-8-1 using VT100. Are the pinouts special for this server or can I just use a normal DB9-RJ45 connector? I can still boot into the HPUX because it is the default Action. Is there some way to change the EFI settings from within HPUX like there is with solaris?
3 REPLIES 3
Mario Caceres_1
Advisor

Try to access the server via the Management Card (encircled with a white line), exactly via the DB25 port. A laptop with Hyperterminal will suffice (your VT settings are correct). Once you "see" the output, select Boot Maintenance Menu and then Select input/output options. Enable VGA again.
Regards.
Corey_21

yes, that would probably fix the problem. However, I do not have that special M-Cable that turns it into a console port. I have ordered one and will report back after I get it and try to change the settings.
Mario Caceres_1
Advisor

You don't need specifically an M-cable. A DB25 to DB9 serial cable will do. Regards.