Integrity Servers
1752790 Members
6385 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How can I enable the MP LAN port from the OS hpux11.31 or with ilomconfig (ipmiconfig) The serve

Matthew Murdock
Valued Contributor

How can I enable the MP LAN port from the OS hpux11.31 or with ilomconfig (ipmiconfig) The server is

How can I enable the MP LAN port on a RX4640 from the OS hpux11.31 or with ilomconfig or ipmiconfig? The server is remote and unable to use serial port. Seemingly the ipmid is running so access to the MP via ipmiconfig or ilomconfig should be feasible. The server is 1800 miles away in a remote DC.  I have root access to the server.

4 REPLIES 4
jsm6
HPE Pro

Re: How can I enable the MP LAN port from the OS hpux11.31 or with ilomconfig (ipmiconfig) The serve

Hi,

Please clarify - What exactly do you mean by "Enable MP Lan port ?

Would you like to configure the MP LAN (not configured earlier)  or
You do not know the MP IP details and so want to change it?

Thanks and Regargds.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Matthew Murdock
Valued Contributor

what was going on, is the server is remote and we had a kvm attached to the MP Serial Port. We discontinued the KVM and needed to enable the built-in LAN port for the MP card. However, the remote site tech finally showed up and attached a nearby system to the Serial MP port and was able to get in and enable/setup the MP Lan port. I was wanting to know if IPMITOOL or ipmiconfig or ilomconfig could be used to remotely setup the MP LAN port without a local serial connection.  I have seen references in online docs, but no real concrete examples on how to do that. The server is a RX4640. 

Matthew Murdock
Valued Contributor

and to directly answer your question, yes to both. I have about 8 rx2600's and a few rx4640's if I had that info, I could maybe manage them support more efficiently remotely. 

jsm6
HPE Pro

Hi,

As far as i know, IPMI over LAN should be enabled (under SA option) first - but have never come across such option in Integrity systems.

You can assign IP either serially connecting to it or using "arp command" if you know the MAC address of  ILO.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01639458 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/690467/Hp-Integrity-Rx2660.html?page=70

Thanks.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo