5552 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

How long do i keep MY servers?

yazidhani
Contributor

Hello

How long do  i  keep my  servers   HP RX2660  .  start since 2009   work 24H/24H ..

4 REPLIES 4
yazidhani
Contributor

Hello

How long do  i  keep my  servers   HP RX2660  HP proliant 380 G5 . EVA 4400....  .  start since 2009   work 24H/24H ..

Sharis
HPE Pro

Re: How long do i keep MY servers?

Hello ,

This server is already at its End of Support Life.

31st Dec 2018 is the ESOL date for this server,

Hope this helps.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi , You can check the uptime of the server , You can involve HPE Solution Support for evaluating your server performance. 

I recommend you to please log a HPE Solution Support for more diagnosis:

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/contact-hpe.html

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

HP servers have a very good record of service. It is not unusual for servers that are more than 20 years old to still be running. However, you WILL lose disks at some time. You may also lose a power supply.  So the real question is hardware support. Do you have a contract with HPE or another vendor? Can they provide hardware service for the next 5-10 years? Or are you running without a contract and hoping that nothing fails? Note that finding replacement disks will get more and more difficult after 10 years. The EVA storage will be the most vulnerable. It is mostly disks and power supplies. The equivalent replacement for the EVA will be much smaller, much faster and much more reliable.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin