8368 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to install Network driver (windows 2003) on itanium server

Chongjin Chua
Occasional Contributor

How to install Network driver (windows 2003) on itanium server

This is a general question:
If I have a headless (no keyboard and monitor)itanium server, how do I install the network driver (windows2003) from the management port?

This is the current issue we are having. Since the network is not up, we cannot use Remote Console to login to the Windows server. How to install the network driver then? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Have you entered the license key yet? More files are copied after the license key is entered (including network drivers).

Pressing ESC+TAB in SAC should cycle you through available channels until you see the End User License agreement - read through that and press F8 to agree, then enter your license key. Now more files, including network drives should be installed.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Chongjin Chua
Occasional Contributor

Yes I did enter the license key. Whay if the network driver could not be found in the Windows CD? Anyway, I will try again later.

OK, how about here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/servers/software/WindowsIntegrity/

This support pack seems to include drivers that can be installed from the command line. Have a lookt at the readme.txt

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Chongjin Chua
Occasional Contributor

Duncan,
Yes, I am able to continue with the rest of the installation and got the NIC driver installed. I am able to set the IP address from SAC now.

I will explore the FTP site given by you for more information.

Thanks.