Integrity Servers
1753501 Members
4561 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to restore original settings in EFI menu?

Ted Lee

How to restore original settings in EFI menu?

In rx2600, I've set the active console output wrongly in EFL menu.
[EFI manager -> Boot Option Maintenance Menu -> Select Active Console Output Devices]

I've tried to connect all the output devices, eg. serial port, mp card, video, but I still can't get the output after I cold reset it.

So, would anyone can tell me how I can restore the original settings in EFL menu in my situation?
4 REPLIES 4
F Verschuren
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, sory I do not have a system console right now, So I can not check my solution. You can try to put it on the serial port and try the funtion keys (F5 ore F6) If I remember corect.

HtH.

Freek
Ted Lee

Hi Freek,

Thanks for your reply. I think I've tried all the keys but still couldn't get output in the console.

Sorry that I used a wrong cable connecting to mp card before. Now, I can get the output after the Three Headed Cable is used.

Thanks all,
Ted
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

On the efi boot screen, you see a scrolling list with a number of choices. Scroll down to "console settings" and hit enter.

In that screen, you see a number of different choices. Mine looks like this:

Serial (9600, 8,n,1)
Serial (9600 8,n,1,acpi)
VGA (acpi)

For me, the 1st one is bulkhead serial. The second is MP serial, and the 3rd is MP VGA. For each of them, you can set them to either Primary, Secondary, or eXcluded.
mits
Respected Contributor

A new tool for the NVRAM backup has been released. See customer notice below.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00600467&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

This tool can archive/restore the boot option configuration.