1753734 Members
4576 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to use external KVM with HP rx 6600

KOFFI

How to use external KVM with HP rx 6600

Dear,

I am now using two HP rx6600 servers (installed in a rack). I have also to use an external KVM + switcher to switch between the servers. I should connect a AUATC Convertor between the switcher and the server. But I don't find on the server a port to connect the convertor. The console port on it is a "male port", whereas I need a female one. There is a MP LAN port on the server, but I don't know if I can use it like serial port or not. From now, I don't know what to do and waiting for assistance.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Grayh
Trusted Contributor

The HP Integrity rx6600's integrated Management Processor Card provides six methods for
console connections.

-SSL secured Web console accessible through the 10/100Base T management LAN
-Standard telnet connections accessible through the 10/100Base T management LAN

-Local VT100 or hpterm terminal, or VT100 or hpterm emulator via local RS 232 serial
connection

-Remote VT100 or hpterm terminal, or VT100 or hpterm emulator via external modem

-VGA graphics console using the upgrade to the VGA port. This upgrade is required for

-Windows systems and optional for HP UX and Linux systems. Keyboard and mouse
connections are provided by USB. OpenVMS doesn't support VGA console for boot
operations, but supports the VGA device for graphics use after boot.

-Integrated Remote Console (virtual KVM) through the iLO 2 Advanced Pack (Windows
systems only)********

And so you can use the Serial Port on the MP LAN.
KOFFI

Dear DMVamsi,

Thanks you for your assistance.
But, I need you to explain me the way to make the configuration of serial port on MP LAN

Thanks