Go to solution
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Increase ram on rx6600

What kernel did you boot from now?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
mogiro
Regular Advisor

I've tried to boot from the current kernel and from the backup kernel with same result.
I entered on the system as single user and I found out that the current and backup kernel are the same, and even that they are from april the 7th and I have booted the system several times after this date without problems...
Should it be something related to the memory increase? Maybe the kernel crashed when I rebooted the machine using a rs signal when it was on the step of start memory configuration?
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I do not think that the memory installation is the direct cause of your problem.
Maybe it is simply that this error only shows up under special conditions (which can be any change on the system, like the memory installation).
Also, in your logs I can see that the crash happened long time after the memory was already initialized and selftested.

The memory subsystem of the rx6600 is extremely reliable and a hardware memeory problem as cause has only a very low chance.
I would recommend to use an actual HPUX install CD and boot into the recovery shell.
If this works fine, then you have with a very high chance a software problem and you need to either new install, or, if you are able to boot your system after memory downgrade, update all drivers and patches.

best regards

Stefan
mogiro
Regular Advisor

I'm absolutely agree with you.
I have a case opened with HP, but I opened another thread here http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1263184

Thanks!!
mogiro
Regular Advisor