1748205 Members
4640 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrity 4640 SSH access to MPE

Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

Integrity 4640 SSH access to MPE

I have an Integrity 4640 (HP-UX 11.23). The ilo/mpe has a valid license. The ilo/mpe was configured on installation to allow ssh and web-ssl access on default ports. Telnet disabled. This configuration is over two years old.

Recently ssh access to the ilo/mpe fails. If I enable telnet access and regenerate the ssh keys, ssh is availble. When I disable telnet access, ssh also fails.

Andy Bustamante
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

What it suppose to mean "ssh fails"?
Can you provide more details as in what exactly is happening and error/messages? Have you tried ssh debug i.e. ssh -vvv to get more insight?

What version of SSH client you are using and what's the version of MP f/w installed?

Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

The log SmartTerm ssh client:

Received disconnect: 10: Protocol error.
Connection closed by 172.16.82.144.
Putty simply state: Protocol Error.

The session is then disconnected.

MPE Firmware: 04.10.

As stated above, this has been working for over two years. MPE has been restarted.
HP is planning to replace the MPE module.

Andy

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

The version 4.10 is the system firmware. The MP firmware would be like E.xx.xx. You can find it using MP>CM>SYSREV

Anyway, this might be a MP firmware issue. Per the release notes of iLO MP E.03.32 available at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=88837&swItem=ux-58871-1&prodNameId=346361&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=5

SSH relevant issue fixed are

"SSH connection to the MP will no longer fail if SNMP is disabled and there are no active telnet sessions. "

SSH connections can now be made from HP-UX SSH 4.4.

Maybe one of the above is relevant in your situation. You may want to verify them.