5020 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Integrity rx2600 Video Resolution Issue

makuhlmann
Collector

Integrity rx2600 Video Resolution Issue

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to set up an older rx2600 with Windows Server for a legacy application. However on both Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with all updates the video resolution is stuck at 640x480 and cannot be increased. I'm using the VGA output of the management board and the video driver has been installed from the Smart Setup CD and also updated from the drivers on the website.

While looking for this issue online, I've found an old document referencing this issue:

Errata for the HP Integrity rx2600 Video Update 

The document mentions a patch that was available on a CD (Parts. No. 5013-1135), which is not available anymore. Can this patch be found somewhere online? I have searched through the Support Center for quite a while but between the many confusing and repeating listings for various drivers and articles I could not find anything.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

- makuhlmann

5 REPLIES 5
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hello @makuhlmann ,

As there is no response to the query yet, I would recommend to directly contact technical support and log a support call for quicker resolution. Please refer the links below for support ticket options:

https://support.hpe.com/help/en/Content/supportAndOtherResources.html

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/A00039121ENW

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

Try tab tab tab -

If you have a workstation or server w/ graphics card or vga port and you are using a monitor (non-terminal) and you don't get any video after your boot process above. Follow this procedure:

Turn the computer off. Make sure the video, keyboard, & mouse cables are all connected. Turn it on, once you get a beep or see anything (flash or rectangle) on the screen hit the tab key for about a minute or until you get video. There are three frequency settings so cycle through them by hitting the tab key until you get a display. Basically, when you turn it on and the light on the keyboard lights up, thats when you start hitting the TAB key. You dont have to press it fast, just once every half second. That will cycle through the 3 settings and stop when you get a display.

makuhlmann
Collector

Hello Jesse,

the issue is not, that there is no video output at all. In fact there is, however in Windows the output is limited to 640x480 resolution.

I'm attaching some screenshots showing the issue.

Thanks,
makuhlmann

01.PNG02.PNG03.PNG04.PNG

makuhlmann
Collector

Hello Parvez_AL,

a bot called "support_s" already DM'd me and created "HPE Support case 5360693497". I haven't received any response so far though.

Is that kind of support case equivalent to the resources you posted or should I contact support directly as well?

Thank you,
makuhlmann

Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hello @makuhlmann ,

I would recommend to contact them directly aswell for quicker resolution.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png