7251 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LSI 1030 raid

Ing. Branislav Gerzo
Occasional Contributor

LSI 1030 raid

Hello,

I'd like to setup raid on new rx2600 server, and after install win2003 there. The problem is, I don't know how to do that. In EFI Based Setup Utility v2.7 I found Configure Storage Adapters -> LSI 1030, so I opened it, I select adapter, I get into LSI Logic MPT SCSI Setup Utility v1.02.09, and RAID Properties I have with white color (so I can't select it).
My question is: I think raid setup is done in raid bios, so how I can get into that bios ?
Thanks for any help
2 REPLIES 2
Ing. Branislav Gerzo
Occasional Contributor

After some research, I know I already was in bios (so slow cursor there...:). But I still don't know how to set up raid. I have 3 hdd in server, 2 of them are on 1 channel, so I tried setup it on this channel, but Raid properties is still white. Maybe I don't have good firmware there, but I don't know (I updated all firmware to latest with Smart Setup CD 3.20) where to find proper one. Could anyone give me any suggestion how to setup raid ? After that I'd like to install win2k3. Thanks.
Glenn Campbell_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
We ran into this surprise with rx7620 system which has internal Ultra160 SCSI adapters (LSI1030).
These adapters don't support RAID. To mirror the volumes or RAID5 you need to use a software solution.
Install your OS into drive0 or drive1, then use disk management in windows, change to dynamic disks, then create a mirror set or RAID5.