Integrity Servers
1748246 Members
2973 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Looking for Raodmap for Itanium 2 proc.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khalid A. Al-Tayaran
Valued Contributor

Looking for Raodmap for Itanium 2 proc.

Hello all,

I'm not finding any road map on the net concerning the development for the Itanium 2 chip. Is it known or Intel hasn't released any?
3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Intel don't stick this on view on their website - I suspect mainly because as with all roadmaps they are generally 'subject to change'. If you look hard enough, you can find a high level view, for instance here:

http://www.ice.gelato.org/apr06/pres_pdf/gelato_ICE06apr_keynote_soltis_reinders_intel.pdf

See slide 4.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Khalid A. Al-Tayaran
Valued Contributor

Thanks Duncan.

We have new SAP projects coming to scope (BI/portal...). And in our area of the world the top high-end solution providers are HP and IBM. IBM are clearly mentioning the road map in their solutions (POWER6 is due in 2008!!). So this was cached by our management and it is an important factor for deciding the vendor's stability in the market and the readiness to keep delivering new products. Thanks again...

Khalid,

2 points -

1) I would draw your attention to something that will be on the IBM roadmap as well as on the Intel roadmap: 'subject to change without notice'. Roadmaps are just vendor plans, and they aren't in any way binding. I certainly wouldn't want to make this a major purchasing decsision based only on a processor roadmap. More important to me would be case studies and reference sites I can talk to.

2)You're not buying 'chips' you're buying a platform - the chip/CPU is just part of it - you need to focus on the platform as a whole. As it happens, Integrity is an excellent platform for deploying SAP components on (either HPUX or Windows), here's an example:

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/erc/library/GetPage.aspx?pageid=258677&audienceid=638&statusid=0&ccid=0&langid=121&ERL=true

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo