1753516 Members
5263 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Looking for equivalent models to RP8XXX or RP7XXX

Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Looking for equivalent models to RP8XXX or RP7XXX

Yes ago, I know of a model RP8XXX or RP7XXX, and it is partitional server which means I can have multiple vpar's on a Npar.

Since it's been quite a few years back, what is the equivalent models to that old model?

Thanks,
none
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Those are still valid server models if you look on the used market for PA-RISC based servers. You cannot find those new since PA-RISC is no longer sold by HP.

If you are looking for Itanium based servers then look at the rx7640 and rx8640 servers.
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Hanry Zhou,

The RP7XXX/RP8XXXX are the discontinued model of PARISC (HP9000) Servers.

Please refer the following link:

http://www.hp.com/products1/servers/9000_discontinued.html

The equivalent model for those servers are Itanium Based - Integrity Servers.

HP Integrity rx7640 Server
HP Integrity rx8640 Server

Please refer the following link:

http://h20341.www2.hp.com/integrity/w1/en/mid-range/integrity-mid-range-servers.html

HTH,
Surendar
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Thanks for the message.

RX8640/RX7640 is actually model I am looking for. It's been years, I thought they already have replacements.

Now, my next question is, with these two models , do they have anything to do with Bladesystem? or how they can be integrated into Blades?

I don't quite understand what Bladesystem is, but was told that everything HP is selling now is Bladesystem related.

Thanks,
none
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Hanry Zhou,

1) With these two models , do they have anything to do with Bladesystem? or how they can be integrated into Blades?

rx76xx/rx86xx are Cell based System with Itanium Architecture.

The mid-range HP Integrity servers, with 8 to 32 processors, are flexible, available servers for business computing needs, incorporating high-end functionality in the mid-range market├в perfect for multi-OS consolidation, scale-up, and performance applications.

A BladeSystem is an infrastructure in a box.

With it, you can build vital solutions to support your business that are more affordable, take less time to maintain, use less power and are ready to grow with you.

In an all-in-one design, you have the essentials to build and maintain your infrastructure from start to finish. Inside, you can host a choice from thousands of applications on Windows├В┬о, Linux, HP-UX and more. You can support a combination of virtual machines, storage and server blades├в ProLiant, Integrity and StorageWorks├в plus connect to a variety of the most popular networking brands and standards including Ethernet, Fibre Channel and InfiniBand.

HP blades range from servers and storage devices to workstations and virtual desktops. Many of HP├в s most popular products that you may be familiar with are now available in a blade design.

Each blade is inserted into the BladeSystem enclosure which provides redundancy, network connections and a more efficient, shared power and cooling design. To help setup and maintain your blades, a variety of tools are also built-in to help you at every step.

2)What is a Blade?
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/blades/info/what-is-a-blade.html

HTH,
Surendar
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Mrhanksterman
Occasional Advisor

Don't think Windows or Linux are supported anymore on Itanium. If they are, I would like to see some current documentation.