8159 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Looking for link for firmware upgrade for rx4610

Dejan Jovanovic
Occasional Advisor

Looking for link for firmware upgrade for rx4610

Hello,

I am trying to locate valid link to download new firmware upgrade for rx4610 Engineering sample with old firmware. I can not install 64-bit Windows with old firmware.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Dejan Jovanovic
Occasional Advisor

I made a mistake - the exact model I have is Intel SR460AC4 .

Dejan
Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

Hi,
See if this helps.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=tis07880

Regards,
You need to know a lot to actually know how little you know
Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Ignore earlier one... see this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=51229&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=51227&submit.y=8&submit.x=9тМй=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=181

Regards,
You need to know a lot to actually know how little you know
Dejan Jovanovic
Occasional Advisor

Bharat,

Already tried - there are NO firmware updates there. Beside, it seems that IPFO460 is not for rx4610 or i2000 (it is not on the list of supported servers/workstations).

Dejan
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor
Dejan Jovanovic
Occasional Advisor

Hi Scot,

Thanks for link - it seems to be the right one ! After weeks and weeks of searching it seems I'll be able to install Windows.

But, I still would like to clarify with someone - would it be safe to apply this new firmware upgrade and to flash my Intel SR460AC server with HP's rx4610 firmware. I know it is (should be) the same hardware but just wanted to make sure (I hope I won't get black screen after flashing the BIOS !).

thanks again
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

I guaruntee nothing. I only work with HPUX on HP servers.
Dejan Jovanovic
Occasional Advisor

Hi Scot,

Of course, I know if there is a risk I'll have to accept it by myself. I just asked for someone's suggestions or advices from expirienced forum members. I really appreciate your help and correct links (I had no idea how to locate them). I'll try to upgrade firmware next week.

many thanks, Dean.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Dejan,

pls do not use the HP specific f/w code etc onto your box, i highly doubt first of all the download would work and secondly if it did, it would kill your box.

Besides those servers having the same CPU's , the rest of the server is different and managed differently, HP makes these servers with their own developped ZX1 chipset.

Just look at the spec's and you'll notice enough differences i.e. number of PCI slots, embedded NIC's and SCSI etc.

This is a no go, pls use the manufacturers website to update your box.

Kris