3704 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MP Firmware UPdate

Pando
Regular Advisor

MP Firmware UPdate

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to update my MP firmware for rx2600 but am having a problem on configuring the LAN console. Currently, I am using the serial port and hyper terminal software to connect to my rx2600 console. When i check it using the LS command, LAN console state is up and running.
But when i ping it, it is unreachable.

1. Can i use both the LAN console and the serial port and hyper terminal software at the same time?
2. Is it possible to use the serial port and hyper terminal software to update my MP? What is the procedure?

Maximum points for all correct replies!
5 REPLIES 5
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

yes we can access from the both

where as refer for firmware update this link.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=789954

REgards,
Prashant S.

Nothing is impossible
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The best what i can do i this pdf for firmware upgrade.

REgards,
Prashant S
Nothing is impossible
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor

If you add your OS version I could check if there is a software patch you can install.

You can check for yourself with below link.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=447335&prodTypeId=15351&pnameOID=88839

Regards,
Robert-Jan
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Fernando,
Please post the LS configs, I'd like to see them. (Blank out the IP if you'd like)

From the CM prompt, run the XD (eXecute Diagnostics) command and run the PING option. Ping your gateway. If it won't ping the gateway, you have either a bad cable, port in your switch or a problem with the rx2600. I would suggest checking your switch to ensure it is configured properly, then check the cable, lastly look to the server. (That's experience talking, although you may notice that the first thing I asked for was the LS output)

Good Luck - Tim
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
Pando
Regular Advisor

Thanks for all your answers!