108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MP/ILO on HP RX 5670

SOLVED
Go to solution
panks
Regular Advisor

Thanks Yaqub, but there is no information on the server as this server is very old.
Is there any command in HP-UX by which, we can check the mac for mp/ilo.

One more question like you say check from telent or web, I know from telnet but how to connect via web to the system on which MP/ILO is configured,, because I have the other system on which MP has alreday been configured
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

You really, really need to get a serial printer (ie, crossover) cable. There is no connection between the MP and HP-UX so unless you can find a label with the MAC address for the MP LAN, you're at a dead end. Serial is the only protocol that will always work. If the network fails or router crashes, your serial connection means you can still get to the MP. Once you have assigned a valid IP Address, subnet mask and gateway, you'll be able to see the MP port as well as the web server if available.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I would guess there is a label on the back of the server with the MAC address and even with the port description.

The default setting was IIRC set to 127.0.0.1, so you can try the arp-procedure mentioned above. But I would suggest to get a null modem cable for some cents anyway and connect to the serial port.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
panks
Regular Advisor

Thanks it worked for me !!! I got the serial cable and configured MP