Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO display on the rx2620 server startup

Benny Yeung
Frequent Advisor

NO display on the rx2620 server startup

Dear all,

I am try to installlinux AS3 on new Integrity rx2620 which connected with a MSA 30, but no configuration option prompt display when I used the enablement kit to statup the machine.
I have connect the VGA to view the status, if I wait a while, it will startup the linux OS. If I used the serial console to connect server, it havn't any message displayed. Anyone can help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks!
Benny
7 REPLIES 7
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Re: NO display on the rx2620 server startup

This sounds familier. A google search should net some results on that.

Which update of AS3 are you using? I thought it was one of the things that was fixed in U3 or U4..
One long-haired git at your service...
Benny Yeung
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

I think no related to AS3.0,since I only use the enablement kit to startup the new rx2620, it seem no display output on the screen and serial console. Any idea to output the configuration option prompt when I startup the rx2620 to configure RAID disk??

Thanks for your reply!

Benny
Benny
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
What about connecting a terminal to the RS232 interface from a pc with some terminal software ? Then configure the system for the rest.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

See the rx2620, you need to configure and enable where the output messages goes. This is done with the EFI shell, if i'm not wrong.

If the MSA30 has a serial console, like msa1000, use it to see if the command show connections lists the HBA if the server.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Benny,

how did you configure your console input/output device? It may be helpfull to have a look at this threat:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=944884

HTH

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Benny Yeung
Frequent Advisor

The console display is resumed, I would liket to press the F8 to configure SmartArray 6402, it seem no response, please help!!

Also, how can I access configuration utility in controller firmware???

Benny
Benny
Kent Ostby
Honored Contributor