5457 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NPAR

rooble
Occasional Advisor

NPAR

Dear experts,

Would appreciate if you can you please explain about "reboot for reconfig" and "ready to reconfig".

1. what can be the situations when we are in need to take "reboot for reconfig"?

2. what can be the situations when we are in need to take "ready for reconfig"?

awaiting your response!!!

Regards,
RAhul

6 REPLIES 6
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

If you have a cell based system and you modify or create a npar, you need to do a reboot for reconfig to make the configuration valid.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
g3jza
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,
you should read this guide, if you want any more details:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=322811&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fbizsupport2.austin.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc01868281%2Fc01868281.pdf

As being said, it is being used to confirm the reconfiguration of nPartitions: For example, adding/removing a cell to/from an nPartition ; Deleting whole nPartition ; Creating an nPartition.
g3jza
Esteemed Contributor

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

I am not sure of a difference between the two terms as you state them.

Another thing that "reboot for reconfig" does is places the cells into a Boot Is Blocked status. That is, the cells are reset, allowed to pass POST, but are stopped just prior to joining the partition.

This is done a couple of ways:
From the MP:
MP:CM> RR

From the OS:
-RH option for shutdown or reboot.

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Sivakumar TS
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Here is some info on Reboot for Reconfig.  During a reboot for reconfig of an nPartition, it performs the following tasks:

1. Shuts down the operating system and resets all cells that are assigned to the nPartition, including any inactive cells.

2.Reconfigures the nPartition if necessary (if there is a pending change to the Stable ComplexConfiguration Data, it occurs during the reboot for reconfig).

3. Boots all cells in the nPartition. Any cells with a "n" use-on-next-boot value remain inactive at BIB, and all other cells can rendezvous to form the nPartition.

Perform a reboot for reconfig of an nPartition whenever you add cells or remove active cells from the nPartition, and whenever you need to allow an inactive cell to join the nPartition (such as after changing a cell use-on-next-boot value from "n" to "y").

However, I havent come acorss Ready for Reconfig !

HTH

Siva

Nothing is Impossible !
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

I think the term is seen differently on different system types.  I would bet you can safely assume that they refer to the same thing.

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!