Integrity Servers
1748142 Members
3543 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need to know the current requirements for rx-4640.

GnanaShekar
Regular Advisor

Need to know the current requirements for rx-4640.

Hi,

Please let me know how to determine the current requirements or rx-4640.

We have ordered 8 rx-4640. We need to buy a PDU (Power Distribution Unit) for these. I can't decide on the PDU capacity that is required without knowing the amount of current each rx-4640 consumes.

I had a look at the below URL, but could not get details.
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11847_div/11847_div.HTML#Technical%20Specifications

Please suggest / point me in the right direction.
Thanks & Regards,
-GnanaShekar-
2 REPLIES 2
Allan Bowman
Respected Contributor

If you go to your link and look just above it, there is a table for calculating the power requirements. You will need to know the details of how many CPUs, DIMMs, and I/O cards for each unit. Or, you can assume that someday each unit will be configured at maximum capacity - according to the table, that would be 5.1 Amps @ 200V for each of the units.

Under "Electrical Characteristics" in the technical specs, it shows "typical" power dissipation of 1065 watts - this is pretty close to the 5.1 Amp figure. They also show "maximum" power dissipation of 1368 watts - approx. 6.8 Amps at 200VAC.

Hope this helped!

Allan in Atlanta
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

For the 4640, because of it's peculiar private/public slot design, you'll also need to identify the power consumption of each I/O card, and what slot each is installed on. I do know, off hand, that the public slots get really picky if you match or exceed 27watts.