cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No console response for HP 700/96 connected to rx2600

Jim Rayhorn
Occasional Contributor

No console response for HP 700/96 connected to rx2600

I have an HP 700/96 (port 3) connected to the console port of an rx2600. It was working (somewhat) however with a lot of garbage on the screen. In my attempts to modify the terminal configs. to eliminate the garbage, I am no longer able to get any response from the rx2600. I reset all menu's to the default values to no avail.
4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Re: No console response for HP 700/96 connected to rx2600

Hi Jim

1. Switch off the terminal, keeping D key pressed, power it ON and then release. Terminal will restore to factory default setting.

2. Setup XON/XOFF to off, baud rate 9600, handshake to OFF

Hope it helps.

Regards
Mahesh
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

It is possible to turn the remote setting of the terminal off, so that it doesn't send anything out. That softkey should have an asterisk by it, to indicate that you are not set to local.
Mom 6
Jim Rayhorn
Occasional Contributor

Mahesh,

This definitely helped. Something else I realized: Setting back to defaults changed the serial port being pointed to. (One of those obvious things I should have checked.)

Thanks a lot for your help.
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, THAT! Good humor, Jim. I just saw this posting and had to laugh. I've seen this so many times it's almost funny, almost. I get into different data centers and find that somebody has used the crash cart on something other than HP gear and has modified the port and not changed it back when they're done. Always fun to waste 10 or 15 minutes figuring out why you can't get access.......You'd think I'd learn, wouldn't you?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.