1753670 Members
5352 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No output from my MP console on rx2600

Darius Shafie
Frequent Advisor

No output from my MP console on rx2600

I needed to install HPUX 11v3 on this used RX2600. I had connected a monitor to the VGA port on the MP, and a null modem cable to Serial port 1 that was also labeled console, and the there end was connected the a windows box running hyperterminal. I had the correct HT settings as I could see the same output on both my monitor and ht.

At some point there was no more output on the monitor and there was a message on the ht that multiple outputs have are selected and I need to set the console output to just one.

So I rebooted the system, enetered EFI and selected the output to only the serial A, or what I thought was serial A. The saved the settings to NVRAM and cold booted.

Much to my dismay, I think that I mayhave selected the wrong setting, as after the reboot I just get a blinking "_" on both the monitor and ht.

Is there a way to recover from this mistake, such as pushing the reset button on the MP or somehow getting the MP to reset to default settings?

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

this is the troubleshooting guide for the rx2660 , includes the 'no response from console' and may prove useful to you :-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01213609тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3346452&prodTypeId=15351

hth

rick jones
Honored Contributor

If you selected the motherboard serial port rather than the MP serial port, then in theory you should be able to shift your serial cable from one to the other and recover.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows