1752777 Members
6411 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Overall System Status

asifmcp
Occasional Contributor

Overall System Status

There is a message on System Management Home page "no failed/degraded items". What should I do to solve this problem. I am new to HP Management Software.
7 REPLIES 7
Prashanth.D.S
Honored Contributor

Hi

The Overall System Status category (System Status Summary on HP-UX)displays links to all subsystems which have a failed or degraded status, as provided by the integrated HP Web-enabled System Management
Software. If there are no agents installed or no failed or degraded
items, then the Overall System Status category displays "no failed/degraded items"

So this is not a problem but a infomatory message & can be ignored.

Best Regards,
Prashanth
asifmcp
Occasional Contributor

Its not showing any subsystems Summary. How will I check agent status? if not installed, how to install it?
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if the heading on the System Home Page indicates "NO failed/degraded items" and all is in green color below that header, then their is simply NO issue.
If this is not what you are seeing, pls provide us a screenshot.

If their is an issue , you would see i.e one or more amber colored links which and when you click on them, they will guide you automatically to the level of where the issue is (i.e. LAN card or disk drive, power supply etc).

If you do still look after the Insight Management Agents for Integrity systems pls download the V4.51 Support Pack, it includes all latest drivers, utilities and agents that are available.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=441910&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=447331&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1060#78221

HTH

Kris
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Also make sure you have the Windows SNMP service enabled and the security right on the community string (i.e public) has been set to Read/Write in order to alow you to i.e. change the disk thresholds etc.

Kris

asifmcp
Occasional Contributor

Here is the snapshot of my System Management Home Page.
asifmcp
Occasional Contributor

I dont have enable SNMP service.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi,

make sure to install the agents (or the full Integrity Support Pack V4.51 i referred to in the URL).

You have to enable the SNMP service first, this is a requirement. You could also do some reading in the documentation maybe, most of it is on the Smart Setup CD, which you can download the ISO image from via the URL below.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=447687&prodNameId=346366&swEnvOID=1060&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=is-38986-2

HTH

Kris