1753907 Members
9106 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Question on remote management of Itanium server

Jimmy Tom_2
Frequent Advisor

Question on remote management of Itanium server

I need to do remote management of the rx2620 and rx4640 servers running Win2003. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I found the A9803A ILO card and the AB500A Adavnce Server management lincese for the rx2620. Can anyone tell me what these items do? Any datasheet? I can't find the A9803A card for the rx4640, why?

thx in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Jimy,
just for remote management, you don't need of anything.
Open your local console. Use CM (command menu). You have LC (Lan Configuration) and SA (Security Access) to configure your remote access.
You can also use https with CG (Certificate generator) and SO (Security Option) commands.

HTH
Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Jimmy Tom_2
Frequent Advisor

Here is the situation:

The Itanium comes with a management port that lets you remotely look at the machine before the operating system is loaded. There is no way to remotely look into the OS remotely without using Terminal Services which can't run unless the OS is running. This is a problem when trying to remotely install/fix an OS. The x64 and EM64T(AMD option) have ILOE ports instead of management ports that let us remotely build the systems.

Is this true? Any solution around this? Thx
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Jimmy,
on my rx2600 I use two different LAN ports, one for OS telnet and one other for remote console. Rx2600 has 3 RJ45 connectors, at now one of these is unused.
You must set two different IP addresses, one for remote console, one for OS.
Read my previous post for CM commands to configure.

HTH
Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti