1753325 Members
4904 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RX 2620 Management home page and UPservice error

Papastef_1

RX 2620 Management home page and UPservice error

Hello all,
I recently installed 4 rx 2620 servers and i can't get the management home page to work. After I login to the home page i get a timeout error. The C:\hp\hpsmh\logs\error_log says: HPSMH: mod_smh_ui/OutputNavigationFilesInJS UI Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 25s [breakdown: hmanics(HP NIC Agent): 0s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 0s || hmastor(HP Storage Agent): 1s || vcagent(HP Version Control Agent): 24s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 0s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s], referer: https://127.0.0.1:2381/.
Any ideas?

Another question, I'm getting every 5 minutes event 4, source UPService at the App log: The description for Event ID ( 4 ) in Source ( UPService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: UPService: PDH FAILED -- Error resampling data: -2147481643 0x800007d5.

Thanx in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Re: RX 2620 Management home page and UPservice error

You're running Tomcat and probably Apache and there's a configuration issue. Check for the applications error messages in /etc/rc.log and also refer to this web site for the HPSMH error.

http://docs.hp.com/en/381372-004/ch04s05.html
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Papastef_1

Thank you Michael for the response.
I didn't make my self clear, 2 of the servers are running Windows 2003 standard 64 bit for Itanium and the other 2 are clustered Windows 2003 enterprise 64 bit for Itanium. The 2 clustered servers are having the UPservice error.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hello Papastef,

if you don't use products like HP Integrity Essentials Virtualization Manager and HP Integrity Essentials Capacity Advisor then
their is no problem to just disable the HP Utility Provider service.

If you do use those two s/w , pls log a call with your local HP support.
Their is a newer version of the Utility Provider that will release in the future and which resolves this UPservice error id=4.

HTH

Kris