4738 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RX2600 MP ( no signs of life )

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steven Beebe

RX2600 MP ( no signs of life )

I picked up an RX2600. So far I have tried everything to get any signs of life out of the RX2600 MP. I connected serial cables, ethernet cables, video monitors... etc. I also checked the EFI shell and found nothing. I pushed in the MP reset button. Is there some command in EFI that definitively shows if the MP card is even alive? No ethernet link lights. Thank all of you very much ( HP-UX newbie. we all have to start somewhere :)
8 REPLIES 8
cnb
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Steven,

Do you have the Maint. Guide? The p/n is 5969-3163. There are system leds and troubleshooting procedures for the bmc & mp in there. Sorry I can't post the link right now (the HP site is having fits at the moment).

HTH

cnb
Honored Contributor

Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Maybe the MP card is not connected to the system board. You can see the MP card connector with a flat ribbon cable from the top cover section view. If not connected, open the top cover, connect the cable connector to the system board and assuming the MP card is okay, you should get MP alive.

From EFI shell, you can run commands like
devtree, devices, info fw which show the various entities of the MP as long as it's being recognised.

Steven Beebe

Ahh That IS IT! I opened the cover and the connector was not connected. You would think after years of service someone would have connected that before me or noticed that. Being somewhat new to HPUX I went for all the sexxy stuff and did not cover the basics first.. :) Yes, the connector to the mother board was unconnected. I appriciate everyone's help, problem solved. THANKS EVERYONE! BYE
Steven Beebe

Well, first thing with a dead item, check to see if is powered on and plugged in! GREAT.
cnb
Honored Contributor

Steven,

Glad you got it fixed. Please see this link to assign points to those who took their time to help you and to assist others who may have future similar issues.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Regards,
cnb
Honored Contributor

My apologies. I spoke too soon ;)

Regards,
rick jones
Honored Contributor

If the MP was not connected, doubtless it is rather behind in FW revs so you may want to make certain the system is up to the latests firmware - MP, BMC, the works.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows