cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RX2620 - LED1 solid red/system led blinking red

Prasanna C Devadoss
Occasional Visitor

RX2620 - LED1 solid red/system led blinking red

I have the situation as below. Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

This is for RX2620, having open vms 8.3. We turned off power after shutting down the OS and then moved the server rack from one place to other. When we turned on, i see led1 with solid red and system light with blinking red. LED2 and 3 are green. I was going through the system log to see the cause for this problem.

I see a warning at record # 105 saying "DRAM failure on DIMM XX, deallocate rank" and a fatal message saying "No memory found". Since I have not done any changes to this server, i went ahead, opened the server, repositioned the RAM. But, no luck. I still see same messages. I tried multiple times by powering off (PC off, cycle in MP console), but no luck yet. Please let me know how this can be approached?

I have attached the system log for reference (log entries for 1-76 are like till month of Aug 2010. So, i did not attach that).

Thanks,
Prasanna
3 REPLIES 3
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Re: RX2620 - LED1 solid red/system led blinking red

Prasanna,

This sounds like a clear case of a hardware fault. Not much we can do about that over the web from remote parts of the planet.

Please log a case with your local hardware support folk. (or, you could try different, known good DIMMs)
A crucible of informative mistakes
Prasanna C Devadoss
Occasional Visitor

Thank you John for your reply. Let me hunt for some good DIMM and see how it goes.

Prasanna
David Phelps
Occasional Advisor

If this is still an issue, try reseating each memory card one by one, and the RAM on each memory card, while powered off. The move jostled something. Been there several times with alpha server's.
Spend more time working toward your dreams then preserving memories.