4303 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RX2620, MP ILO card + local serial console problems

Fredrik Uddin-Backman2
Frequent Advisor

RX2620, MP ILO card + local serial console problems

Hi

I have a RX2620 with optional MP card (ILO) and I can't get the console output to work as expected. I know I should change in EFI boot menu my console output. However, I can't get my console to work both via LAN access and via the local serial port on my management card? LAN is fine now but I wan't to be able to hook up a local console directly at the machine also. I know this work at rp3440 based machines. Please help!
4 REPLIES 4
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Re: RX2620, MP ILO card + local serial console problems

Silly questions, but are you:

1) using the serial port on the MP and not the one on the motherboard?

2) set to 9600 baud?

3) connecting to the correct tail on the "W" cable?
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Fredrik Uddin-Backman2
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I'm using the connector marked "console" on the W-cable and there I connect a standard HP 700/96 terminal.
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

This will work, as the advanced console configuration considers the MP-LAN and the MP-Serial to be the same device.

My suggestion would be to bring the MP's firmware up to date, then setting in the EFI configuration menu to advanced options, then setting the MP-Serial to primary, bulkhead serial to secondary, and VGA to secondary.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

When you connect to the 700/96 is it with a cable you've successfully used elsewhere as a console on an HP 9000 or Integrity server?

The cable needs to be "null-modem" IIRC.

Other possibly silly questions :)

The 700/96 is configured to use the port to which the MP serial port is connected rather than the other (or one of the other two) ports on the back of the 700/96?
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows