New Discussion юеВ

Re: RX2660

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

RX2660

HI,

I want to install a PCI-X raid card that does raid 5 in this machine. Does any one know the part number of the card that will work? I tried a P600 it lets me set up the raid but HPUX will not see the drives. I think this card is just for windows.

The raid card has to have a SAS connector on it for the existing cables to work.

Thank you
Jon
21 REPLIES 21
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

I thought a A9890A 2 channel raid card would work but it has different cable connections on it.

Thanks

Jon
cnb
Honored Contributor
Solution

cnb
Honored Contributor

Check your HP-UX SAS driver bundles too!

Rgds,
cnb
Honored Contributor

I can't stand the new BSC links...

Here's the Smart Array Matrix for HP-UX:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02475906/c02475906.pdf

Rgds,

I miss hp.docs.com :-(
Steve Reece_3
Trusted Contributor

Whichever one you go for, make sure that you have battery backed cache. Otherwise, your performance may be shockingly bad (in my experience.)
Steve Reece_3
Trusted Contributor

You don't mention whether it's internal drives or external drives that you need to connect Jon.
On the assumption (which may be wildly inaccurate) that it's internal drives, you could also perhaps try the AD248A or whatever the aftermarket equiv. is.
Same still holds as my previous comment though - make sure that you get and use the battery backed cache or performance can be very poor.

Steve
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Sorry I am trying internal drives. Also I do know now the P600 is just for Windows.

Jon
rick jones
Honored Contributor

If this is for internal drives, you need/want the rx2660 P400i bundle with the card to enable the motherboard PCIe slot.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Update.

I installed a PCI-e i/o backplane. I installed a P400 raid card 447009-001.
It shows the drives and I can set up my raid. However when I boot to my OS(11.iver3)dvd it does not show any drives.

Any idea's?

Or do I need to use the PCI-E slot on the system board for this to work?

rx2660 P400i bundle with the card to enable the motherboard PCIe slot.

Thank you
Jon