Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RX3600 Adding SAS Internal Disks Advice

SOLVED
Go to solution
CJENSEN_1
Regular Advisor

RX3600 Adding SAS Internal Disks Advice

We have a RX3600, running HPUX 11.31. We currently have two internal disks, for the OS and OS mirror. These disks are in slots 7 and 8, as installed from the factory. We are buying two additional SAS internal disks for this server, which will be mirrored. In reading the documentation, these should go in slots 5 and 6. Is this correct?
3 REPLIES 3
RickT_1
Valued Contributor

Re: RX3600 Adding SAS Internal Disks Advice

Hello,

Yes, that is correct.

Rick
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you place the new disks on the lowered number slots, that may cause you problems.

Read the following advisory from HP:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01036567〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3257036&prodTypeId=15351

The specific part you want starts with the paragraph "The following SAS configuration changes..."

I would advise you to move the disks from slots 7 and 8 to slots 1 and 2 (disk from slot 7 goes to slot 1 and disk from slot 8 goes to slot 2) and then add your disks starting a slots 3 and 4.
CJENSEN_1
Regular Advisor

I had read that advisory after I posted my message. Before I introduce the new disks, perhaps I should first move disks 7 and 8 into slots 1 and 2 respectively, and ensure VG00 and the VG00 mirror is all fine. And then I can put the two new disks in slots 3 and 4? What are your thoughts with this approach?