3903 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RX6600 BOOT_NOT_DETECTED

brmonik
Visitor

RX6600 BOOT_NOT_DETECTED

Hi,

I have an rx6600 server that does not boot and the message below appears in the logs of MP

Fatal

Baseboard Management Controller;

BOOT_NOT_DETECTED

22 May 2012 18:21:17

No events were received from system firmware

LEDs at the server we have the following states:

"system health" red

"internal health" off

"external health" green

can you help me please

4 REPLIES 4
Bob Blunt
Respected Contributor

You didn't mention the state of the power LED...  the User Service Guide says that the combination of the health LEDs indicate the system is off but a "red" "system health" sounds bad.  If it doesn't spring to life after mashing the power button on the front I'd be calling HP.  A rx6600 should have a fair chance of still being under warranty or support should still be affordable.  Look at the unit, find your serial number and call it in.

Otherwise, here's the link to some of the documentation I found online:

http://www.filibeto.org/unix/hp-ux/lib/hardware/systems/rx6600/user-service-guide-AB464-9003A.pdf

While I admit that Integrity systems aren't my main focus most "red" lights mean something generally bad for most computers especially when they're labelled with anything like the word "health."  Try the power and if that doesn't help check the docs if you're so inclined.  Else call HP for service.

brmonik
Visitor

Thanx

the power LED isgreen but nothing appears on the console

songyong
Advisor

personally , you should login to the MP and log the vfp output , you can only see the console after the preboot hardware test, maybe you can get more info, and the MP event log coulde give you some more info.

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi,

External Health : Green = System Health is good
Internal Health : Off = System is off
System LED :Flashing Red = System Fault

Power LED : Green = Full Power is ON

It Seems to be Hardware issue in your system.

My suggestion would be logging a Hardware call with HP will be the best option as this case need an intervention of Onsite/Remote engineer.

HTH,

Surendar

Was the post useful? Click on the WHITE KUDOS! Star.

For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]