1748183 Members
3633 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RX7640

DdeBlance_2
Advisor

RX7640

I have two rx7640's that will see the dvd in the EFI Boot Manager.

Items that have been replaced:
DVD drives
LBA's
backplanes
Cables
Core I/O

Any ideas??
4 REPLIES 4
DdeBlance_2
Advisor

Correction, it will not the the dvd drive connected to the top internal cable.
MP in slot 1
Cell in slot 1
Core IO in chasses 1 slot 8
Steve Reece_3
Trusted Contributor

Hiya,

You don't say what kind of diagnosis has been carried out. Have you tried putting a CD/DVD in the drive and hunting for it with the Shell?
Does the operating system see it (or are you trying to install an O/S?)
Are the systems partitioned or are they single environments? If they're partitioned, are the DVD drives being allocated to the other partition?
It's unusual to see two systems exhibit the same behaviour due to a fault. A configuration error is usually far more likely.

Steve
DdeBlance_2
Advisor

Yes, it is strange. That is why I posted.

Update from last nights parts swap.
I am trying to load an hp-ux on both.

One server is up an running. So I moved backplane, PCI cage, Cell, MP, PCI power mods... the works, to the server that is still not working. Now I have known working parts in the problem child and it will still not see a known working DVD. Plus I found that it will only see one hard drive in the top left slot. No others work. So I replaced the drive backplane. Same problem.

All the parts from the problem server went into the working chassis and everything is fine.
What else is there to check???

Confused....
cnb
Honored Contributor

According to the Service Guide, you need both Core I/O sets (MP/SCSI & LAN/SCSI modules = 1 CORE I/O)installed in order to see the "top and bottom" drives:

http://g4u0419c.houston.hp.com/en/AB312-9010A/ch03s08.html#v1622432

Also take a look at Chapter 6 for specific DVD requirements when using both DVD drives.
http://g4u0419c.houston.hp.com/en/AB312-9010A/AB312-9010A.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rgds,