108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RX8640 Not Detecting DVD

SOLVED
Go to solution
DdeBlance_2
Advisor

RX8640 Not Detecting DVD

I have an RX8640 and I'm unable to detect the DVD at the shell>reconnect -r. I need to update the fimware and ship the backplane ASAP.

Thanks
Darren
10 REPLIES 10
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: RX8640 Not Detecting DVD

In what slot the DVD drive is installed? Does it have power to it?

Depending on the slot of the DVD drive, you have to have corresponding cell board installed.
DdeBlance_2
Advisor

I have one cell slot 0 with dvd in bottom slot.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Remove the cell board from slot 0 and install it in slot 1. Then you should be able to access the DVD drive as long as the drive is okay and has power.
DdeBlance_2
Advisor

Sameer,

I now have two out of four backplanes that will see the dvd. Not sure this issue.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Not sure about your statement regarding backplanes. Are you saying some issue with backplanes?

Anyway, access to DVD drives in each slot depends on the presence of respective cell boards. DVD in the bottom slot is accessed through Cell board 1 and the one on the top is accessed through cell board 0.

With just one cell board, it should be installed in slot 1.
DdeBlance_2
Advisor

Correct, I have four backplanes to test. One has to be shipped this afternoon. I tested the first two and neither one would see the DVD in top or bottom slot.
That's when I posted.
I move to the third and no problem. Detected the DVD and booted fine. Same with the fourth backplane.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ok. In that case, there maybe failure of LBA(s) on the system backplane.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Hi

Since the LBA's are on the system backplane I'd say those two have failed to test.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
DdeBlance_2
Advisor

Thanks for the help. Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is the LBA? Are you talking about VRM's or something else?

Thanks
-D