6208 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RX8640

Andrew_168
Regular Advisor

RX8640

Hi all,
I am trying to reinstall Windows 2003 Enterprise 64 bit onto this server, its is a headless model, I have suceeded in getting windows on using a smartstart install, but ipconfig does not show any network cards, so setting up IP is proving impossible, I have followed the installation guide exactly. Can anyone give me some pointers please? It does see the network cards during ipl and all of the other devices 6402 raid cards, FC cards etc.
Thanks
Andy
3 REPLIES 3
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Andy,

the reason why you face this issue is because the OS media does not contain the newer network card drivers that the RX8640 has installed.

What you should do is this:

1) load the SmartSetup cd in the cd-drive
2) goto the SAC prompt and change to the cd driveletter i.e. E:\
3) run the smartcomponent for your network card i.e. cpxxxx.exe in silent mode (/s option) and after a minute or so you will be able to see the lan cards at the SAC prompt by i.e. typing the 'i' command.

You probably have the Intel Gigabit cards, A9899A, A9900A so load their smartcomponent on the SAC command line i.e. SAC> D:\contents\supportpack\isp\cp006834.exe /s

4) then use the 'i' command to set the ip/subnet/gtw on the adapter(s)

i.e.

SAC>i
Net: 2, Ip=0.0.0.0 Subnet=0.0.0.0 Gateway=0.0.0.0
Net: 3, Ip=0.0.0.0 Subnet=0.0.0.0 Gateway=0.0.0.0

SAC>i 3 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.100
SAC successfully set the IP Address, subnet mask, and gateway.

HTH

Kris
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Andy,

once TCP/IP is up, make sure you change the TCP/IP network settings from DHCP into fixed ip's before you reboot, if not they come back to the default Windows settings, which is DHCP.

You first have to enable terminal services also, look at the headless install guide that explains which registry key to modify from the SAC CMD channel.

Using the HP reinstall media avoids all this and automates the installation and adds all utilities, drivers, management agents etc such that no manual changes/configurations are needed anymore. It does however includes the MSFT Windows license and you'd have to buy it via HP, not MSFT.

Kris
sunya Pinaikul
Advisor

Hi, I am the one meet this problem when I try to install WIN2003 SP2 on the RX2620, When I pass the CDKEY input step. reboot and get SAC Channal. I try config the ipaddress in order take control by "remote desktop connection" but I get none of interface index.

SAC>
SAC>
SAC>i
SAC>

How I can know Which the CPXXX file in smartstart CD is coresponding to integrated NIC..

Tomorrow I will try more..