1748216 Members
3757 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

SCSI LAN Combo card issue?

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

SCSI LAN Combo card issue?

I have heard that there is an advisory for the AB290A U320/GbE Combo cards that warrants replacement on specific failure.  I have not found any posted advisories by HP so I am thinking its an internal document, or I just cant find it.

I am wondering if anyone has any details around the symptoms or failure?  We have seen a good number of these cards fail over the past year or so (mainly from timeout errors on the PCI bus).  If there is any info on this that can allow us to be proactive, such as a serial or part rev range, that would be helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: SCSI LAN Combo card issue?

Thanks, I hadnt seen that.  However it appears to just be an advisory for a firmware udpate.  It doesnt seem to relate to the problem Im seeing. The HP rep stated that there was an internal advisory stating to replace the card upon failure.  He wouldnt go into details, even when asked.

Perhaps the original advisory was related to the EEPROM isse that the firmware update fixes.  But then why would the HP rep state it was internal?

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Re: SCSI LAN Combo card issue?

Hi Robert,

>>>>>The HP rep stated that there was an internal advisory stating to replace the card upon failure.

I appreciate that  whenever the failure occurs, Please provide the issue/ card details to HP representive.He will do the needful.

HTH,

Surendar

Was the post useful? Click on the WHITE KUDOS! Star.

For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]