6018 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SLES 10 SP1 Smart Setup CD on rx2600

imf_admin
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

the support matrix on the HP page shows compatibility with SLES 9 SP4. I tested both of the Smart Setup CD's. The latest for SLES 10 SP1 and a earlier version for the SLES 9 SP4. Both give the same error that my hardware is not supported. A SLES 9 SP4 installation is also an option for me.

Bye, imf_admin.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

SLES 9 SP4 requires the system firmware at 02.31 as per the certification information available at
http://developer.novell.com/yes/95487.htm

Looking at the current firmware levels, you need to follow the sequence of the FW upgrades
1. Upgrade the System/BMC firmware to 02.21.
The current MP FW E.02.23 is qualified with it.
2. Update the MP FW to E.02.26
3. Update the System/BMC/MP to 02.31/E.03.30

imf_admin
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your tips Sameer.

I upgraded the System/BMC firmware to 02.21. I also managed it to reconnect the server to the NIS so that I can boot up the installed HP-UX. But now I am stuck at upgrading the Management Processor Card Firmware to version E.02.26. I downloaded the zip file with the firmware from the revision history and tried to telnet to the Management Processor but I had no success. I used the command telnet ip_adress but the connection was refused. At the moment I use the gigabit lan adapter. Do I have to use one of the other lan ports to telnet to the MP? I read in the documentation that I first have to configure the lan of the MP through a console serial console port connection. There is no way to configure the MP or telnet service with SAM?

Thanks for the help.

Bye, imf_admin.
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Hi,

>>> There is no way to configure the MP or telnet service with SAM?
==> MP/GSP/iLO controls power, reset, and Transfer of Control (TOC) capabilities; provides console access; displays and records system events; and displays detailed information about internal subsystems.

SAM is using only OS level command, anyway U can check the below URL site:-
http://docs.hp.com/en/AB464-9003C/ch03s07.html

Hope U got Ur answer...assign points, if Ur problem will be solved.....

Thanks--Yaqub
I am a Customer Advocate!!!
imf_admin
Occasional Advisor

Hello again,

I was able to update all the necessary firmwares of the rx2600 server in the last few weeks. Your tips helped me a lot to do this job and I want to thank you all. With the latest firmwares installed both Smart Setup CD's don't work. BUT installing SLES 10 SP1 directly from the Suse Setup CD's worked perfect, even the rx2600 is not officially supported by this system. So the problem is solved!

Bye imf_admin
imf_admin
Occasional Advisor

Read the thread to find the solution for this problem.