6065 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

SNMP Help

Navi_PT
Occasional Advisor

SNMP Help

Hello!

I have 4 HP Integrity rx2660 server's and  i am trying to configuring SNMP, but i can get the NIBS from system... 

In the File snmpinfo.dat i have a lot of mibs but i cant gets this mibs on a MIB Browser.

Can anyone help me? plz

I need information of the processors, disk's... hardware information of the server.

3 REPLIES 3
Navi_PT
Occasional Advisor

Re: SNMP Help

The HPOV can solve my problem?

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

According to "swlist -l fileset", the /etc/SnmpAgent.d/snmpinfo.dat file belongs to the Networking.NETTL-RUN fileset, while the actual SNMP agent consists of the OVSNMPAgent.* filesets of the OVSNMPAgent product. So it looks like the snmpinfo.dat file may have nothing at all to do with the SNMP agent.

The MIB information only describes how the information is formatted within the SNMP protocol: it does not include the methods for actually gathering the information from the system. You need the MIB to transform the data sent by the SNMP agent to meaningful information; but if your SNMP agent does not provide some information, just adding a MIB file won't produce the information: you would need a new SNMP subagent to actually gather the information and present it when requested, and the MIB file that matches the output of the subagent to understand the information.

You can find a large collection of MIBs from HP and other manufacturers here:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/mibkit.html

The MIB Kit is technically for the HP SIM product, but as the MIB file format is standardized, it should be usable by all SNMP tools.

A large number of HP MIBs can also be found at www.mibdepot.com. (Select "Viewing mode" as "Text" to see the actual MIB file content.)

MK
Navi_PT
Occasional Advisor

Hi have this oid's (on attachment), and i cand find my powersupplys of the server..

Anyone have a list? Our anyone can help.

Thx