3760 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SuperDome Shutdown Unexpectedly

Mansoor_4
Occasional Advisor

SuperDome Shutdown Unexpectedly

Greetings

Tonight the SuperDome at our site restart unexpectedly. So far we donot have any service contract with HP, it is still in progress.

The errors are as follows which i can see in the Windows Event Viewer

Event Type: Error
Event Source: HpEventLog
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5152
Date: 5/22/2006
Time: 10:40:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MCDATABASE
Description:
HP Event Log : [MSG_1420] Machine Check initiated - Major change in system state: 0B00000000000000 - Reporting entity: System firmware in cabinet 0, cell slot 3

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: HpEventLog
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5656
Date: 5/22/2006
Time: 10:40:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MCDATABASE
Description:
HP Event Log : [MSG_1618] MC: MCA to BINIT escalation not supported by PAL - Reporting entity: System firmware in cabinet 0, cell slot 3

Can anyone give any idea what might be the issue with unexpected restart.

Thanks in advance

Mansoor
3 REPLIES 3
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Re: SuperDome Shutdown Unexpectedly

Hi,

an MCA (machine check abort) has happened. Only HP support can help in this issue which is with a very high chance (but not always) caused by defect hardware.

best regards

Stefan
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

On the MP, what does SYSREV show? I would be willing to bet that some firmware is out of date. I'd recommend that you download and burn to DVD the most recent SmartSetup image, and use it to bring all your firmware back up to date.
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

I would recommend to take this HP, they would be able to guide to get the required stuff over to them and woul dbe able to tell you what is defective and they could replace it.
(Assuming you have the warranty /contract)

I always run any issues with the superdomes with HP to be sure since ours is very critical environment.

Rgds

HGN