108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System erase on Integrity 4640

SOLVED
Go to solution
Weatherman_1
Occasional Advisor

System erase on Integrity 4640

Ok, now that my system board problem has been corrected, I have a new issue on my 4640. It was previously configured to run HP-UX. Now I need to rebuild it with 2003 Server. However, when I boot to the Smart Setup CD it comes back with an error saying that the "HP Setup and Configuration Utility does not support the current platform."

I am assuming that it is still reading a config file on the fs1 drive that tells it that it is an HP-UX machine? Is there a way to do a system erase, like you can do on Proliants, to get it back to an unconfigured state so that it will run the Smart Setup for Windows? Or am I totally off-base here?
6 REPLIES 6
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Dan,
at now I'm not in front of my Itanium server so I can't tell you how.
I remember there is a boot configuration menu to add, remove and change disk.

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Dan,

this message is caused by the fact your using a old SETUP CD or your rx4640 product ID field is somehow wrong, pls call your HP support to correct this setting since it involves using a low level utility customers are not supposed to use.

The message has nothing to do with the OS you are trying to install but the SETUP CD for assisted Windows installations checks for the product ID to see if the platform is supported by the version of the setup cd or not, so in case the product ID field is wrong or missing, this messages shows up.

HTH

Kris
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Dan,

In order to install Windows you need to change the setting of acpi.

For HP-ux acpiconfig would be "default". You need to change this to "windows" to enable Windows loading.

This is an EFI shell command,

shell> acpiconfig windows

With regards,
Mohan.
Attitude, Not aptitude, determines your altitude
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

HI Dan,

PLease check the page 18 and 22 of the attached manual for the acpiconfig information.

With regards,
Mohan.
Attitude, Not aptitude, determines your altitude
Weatherman_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply, Mohan. However, this is not a cell-based system so APCI is not applicable.
It turned out that that tech who installed the new motherboard did not enter a system name in the system info section. So the system didn't know what model it was. Therefore it was unable to run the Smart Setup CD. It is working fine now.
Weatherman_1
Occasional Advisor

Kris,

Your reply to my question was 100% correct! I contacted HP support and got the problem solved. The product ID field was empty. The tech simply put in RX4640 and all was good again.

Thanks for your help. You got a "10" for that one, buddy!

Dan