4290 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UPService Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bryce Sykes

UPService Error

Did anyone figure out the UPService error?

The description for Event ID ( 4 ) in Source ( UPService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: UPService: PDH FAILED
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

The UPService belongs to VSE agent software installed on the system which is a "managed system". You might want to refer the UPService.pdf documents under \Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\UtilProvider\doc to know the details and probable cause.

You can check at event details or messages at VSE CMS console.
marked
Solution

Hello Bryce,

This error can rack up considerable events in the Application Log. On my R&D system I get 7 per 5 minutes when it occurs, then it maybe 6 weeks prior to getting more.

Currently the best workaround for this event is to stop and "disable" the following 2 services under Service Control Manager.

"HP UtilProvider Data Collector"
"HP UtilProvider WMI Provider"

These two services are only used by HP Virtual Machine for Windows Guests (unlikely you'll be using) and HP Capacity Advisor (again unlikely you'll be using).

We are working on a fix for this issue which will be in a future version of the SmartSetup Media (SSM).

I hope this helps,

Mark
Bryce Sykes

Thanks guys for the very helpful information. I disabled the services and the errors went away.