cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Hard Drives on rx7620

Richard Jurek
Occasional Contributor

Upgrading Hard Drives on rx7620

I'm at the last step of upgrading the 73GB mirrored drives on this machine to 146GB. All is well. Windows 2003 .NET 64Bit see's additional 68Gb space but i need to assign to existing C drive.

According to HP documentation on the subject, reboot machine and in the EFI menu select "Boot from internal DVD" using Windows PE DVD or HP Datacenter recovery DVD. I don't have either.

I did get a 64Bit Windows PE disk (custom built) from our PC Lab folks and tested on a normal HP 64Bit desktop and all works fine.

I insert in the rx7620 and select option in EFI menu "Boot from internal DVD" and it tells me "file not found" or some such message.

I can't get the rx7620 to boot from DVD.

Any suggestions? Been working this entire issue almost 2 months! Final last steps to finish and I can't.
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Upgrading Hard Drives on rx7620

Keep in mind: any x86 windows version won't work - you need ia64 files for an Integrity.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Rich,

as mentioned, you really need the 64 bit Itanium version of WinPE and use the diskpart utility to extend your c: disk.

This comes with the w2k3 EE or DTC version of HP's reinstall/re-image DVD to have an environment that allows to perform the preinstall tasks and launch the imaging if you buy this trough HP together with the Windows license.

Don't think WinPE for IA64 can be bought separately from MSFT by end users/customers but that would be your solution workaround also.

Kris
Richard Jurek
Occasional Contributor

I'm working with HP on this issue now. HP is trying to locate the proper DVD for the process.

Thanks for all the help.

I'll let everyone know once we get this resolved.