Integrity Servers
1752618 Members
4353 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: What kind of server type that support HP UX B.11.23 is still orderable in 2015 ?

baba_daru
Occasional Visitor

What kind of server type that support HP UX B.11.23 is still orderable in 2015 ?

Hi,

We have rx2800 i2 and want to install it with OS HP UX B.11.23, but if we check on hp-ux support matrix it is not support with the OS

Now we consider to buy another server to replace rx2800, but as we know all server that support this release ( rx2660, rx6600, rx7640 ) currently are not orderable anymore.

Is there any one who know what kind of server type that support on this release which still orderable in 2015 ?

thanks in advance,

BR,

Daru

6 REPLIES 6
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: What kind of server type that support HP UX B.11.23 is still orderable in 2015 ?

End of support for 11.23 is December 31, 2015.

http://www.hp.com/softwarereleases/releases-media2/HPEredesign/pages/hpux.html

So the question is why it should be 11.23, not 11.31?

You may consider to use virtual machines on your rx2800.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Hawkeye
HPE Pro

Hi Daru,

HP-UX11iv2 has been End of Sale for quite some time and (as already mentioned) will go End of Support Life at the end of this year.

http://www.hp.com/go/hpuxservermatrix

So, your options are:-

You could purchase a "Montvale" powered system from HP Renew (e.g. rx2660, rx3600) with HP-UX11iv3 and use your downgrade rights to deploy HP-UX11iv2

or

You could purchase a rx2800i4 with HP-UX11iv3/Integrity Virtual Machines and run HP-UX11iv2 in a VM.

I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

baba_daru
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, actually we have existing server with 11.23 at our customer and planned to add a presentation server.

So currently there is no another server that support 11.23

anyway thanks again for your feedback, we will looking for another way including to consider buy a used server

BR,

Daru

Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

None of the new i2 and i4 based servers will support HP-UX 11.23.

If you want something that support 11.23 you will have to buy it used.

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please find the URL of HP-UX support matrix:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA4-7673ENW

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

11.23 compatible servers have not been sold for several years.

Any reason not to  buy  a used rx2660? It runs 11.23 just fine. Since you have a requirement to run a version of HP-UX that is no longer sold, why not buy used servers? I'm guessing that you have applications that will not run on 11.31, so getting a used server falls into the same category. Note that Jan 2016 (6 months from now) is the end of support for *ALL* versions of HP-UX prior to 11.31 (ie, 11.23 and 11.11).

However, 11.31 will be supported at least until 2025. This is a change from the previously published 2021 date. So HP-UX is here for the long haul.

You might also look at SRP Containers which would allow you to run 11.23 on a new rx2800-i4. Containers will also allow running 11.11 and 11.00  PARISC systems in a container.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin