5488 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

bl860c and sasmgr

Azamat
Frequent Advisor

bl860c and sasmgr

hi folks,
customer has 2 bl860c servers. on bl860c server only 2 disk (phys. cann`t be more..)))) and customer installed hpux only on one disk, and now he wanna build h/w raid level 1 on this server, and he cann`t to stop this server.

qestion:
how i can create raid 1 on this server by command sasmgr?

i cann`t use the folow command:
sasmgr add -D /dev/sasd0 -q raid -q level=1 -q enc_bay=1:1,1:2

and i cann`t create mirror by HPUX/Mirror, because customer didn`t buy it... and i cann`t to create backup, because he don`t have any storage/tape at this moment...(((
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: bl860c and sasmgr

The only way is to ignite the system (backup), create the RAID and restore the system. Data will be lost during the RAID config. No way around.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

hello

1) first take a full ignite backup of the server in a Tape /Netwok on an ignite server.
2)reboot the system to access the EFI Shell.
3) from the EFI shell u can use the command drvcfg -s to access the RAID configuration menu and create the RAID as desired choosing the Disk.
note: u have to see the Documentation of the RAID card for what RAID level this supports.
4)Once RAID created u can Ignite install the OS onto the server from the IGnite Tape Backup that u have created or using the Net Archive as made in the Step1.
Azamat
Frequent Advisor

nevermind... ignite and only ignite or maybe hpux/mirror