Integrity Servers
1753818 Members
8629 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

comparison RX1620 vs Rx2620 (and where to look to buy for best price

RX1620 vs Rx2620

comparison RX1620 vs Rx2620 (and where to look to buy for best price

I am looking to buy a itanium based HP server (Rx1620 or Rx2620) for a very small SAp (erp)application just for training purposes (in-house).
I was wondering what's the major difference between (RX1620) and (Rx2620) besides following

2 core processor vs single core processros
4 PCI I/O sloe vs 2 PCI I/Oslot
3 vs 2 internal memroy slots

does similar versions/tools of OS supported (HP ia64) or run on both of these? Does one has better option compare to another when it comes to OS s/w or OS tools? (very important)

Besides more power or more room for expansion, is there anything I can not absolutly do with Rx 1620 which I can do with Rx 2620.

my need is 4-8GB RAM, 300GB Hard disk, 1.3 Ghz single core (I can live with) , DVD RW drive. (it going to be standalone server. I need to run HP ia64 bit OS for my SAP applicatio need.

How much above will cost (ball point)

Also looking to get best price to buy one of these server. What would be good place to buy (internet sites or reseller names for new/used/refurbisghed will be very helpful) .

Also Can I acheive the same with integtrity Blade BL60p.

What the major difference between RX 1620, Rx2620 compare to Blade server integrity BL60P.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Re: comparison RX1620 vs Rx2620 (and where to look to buy for best price

From what you have described, it would seem that an rx1620 or rx2620 would each be fine. IIRC they both "support" the same mix of OSes.

As far as ball park prices, I am afraid I have no idea.

The BL60p, IIRC is supported under HP-UX, but I don't think it is "supported" under Linux.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows