1747988 Members
4679 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: configuring MP LAN on rx 6600

mrmo07
Regular Advisor

configuring MP LAN on rx 6600

i am trying to configure MP LAN (i have configured IP by arp) but after that i can not configure subnet or gateway ( either console or lan port) its showing inconsistent parameter . i can not change IP, subnet or gateway. plzz help

Regards,
Morshed.
10 REPLIES 10
Steve Reece_3
Trusted Contributor

Hi Morshed,

The best way to configure the IP address, subnet and gateway on the rx6600 MP LAn is to connect up a serial line and use the LC subcommand in the command menu.
To login, use Admin as the username and Admin as the password.
If the gateway is not on the same subnet as the IP address of the MP then this will probably give you the kind of error that you are seeing. Make sure that the gateway and IP address are consistent with the subnet mask.

Steve
Bhadresh
Trusted Contributor

Hi Morshed,

There are various ways to configure MP LAN.
Configuring the iLO 2 MP LAN Using DHCP and DNS
Configuring the iLO 2 MP LAN Using ARP Ping
Configuring the iLO 2 MP LAN Using the Console Serial Port

Please have a look at the chapter 3 of ├в HP Integrity iLO 2 Operations Guide├в for detail:
The guide link is:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01936251/c01936251.pdf

Regards,
Bhadresh

mrmo07
Regular Advisor

Hi,

actually i have tried with all the way (serial consol) LAN port etc. very firstly have assing temporary IP address by arp -s IP MAC command. it was working. now when i try to change IP subnet gateway its come with + sign and got message below + indicate inconsistent parameter.finally i cannot save the change. old configuration retains. i have also tried web based but same...plz help.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Can you send a screenshot/screencapture of the

MP:CM> lc

command?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

Hi,
yes i can but i need to go client site. need little time. but i can clarify u one thing. normally when we press MP>CM>LC its show all parameter and below message should be

"Enter parameter(s) to revise, Y to confirm, or [Q] to Quit: Y"

but here i cant find Y to confirm instead i find A to modify all.

even i modify cant confirm ,i need to quit by pressing Q.

and retains old configuration.

Regards,
Morshed.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I usually disable DHCP first, save these settings, then using modify all I configure the MP lan followed by an MP reset.

Never had any problems with this procedure.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Bhadresh
Trusted Contributor

Hi Morshed,

Please use A and modify the values, if you are getting any error then attach the error log and update the thread.

Regards,
Bhadresh
mrmo07
Regular Advisor

Hi torsten,

plz find the key part of the attach file. whatever i want to change like IP or even i modify all it results same.

Regards,
Morshed.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Did you notice it says "+ indicates inconsistent parameters" and shows a + sign for IP Address, Subnet Mask and the Gateway Address?

You currently have no gateway specified. The current MP firmware version *requires* that a sensible gateway is specified, i.e. that the gateway address is one of the addresses within the current subnet.

If this is an isolated network with no gateways, you still must specify some gateway address that is consistent with your new IP/subnet mask combination - the fact that the gateway may not really exist is apparently not that important.

You should try setting the subnet mask and then setting the gateway to some consistent value, for example 192.168.2.254. After that, the + signs should be gone, and the text at the bottom should display another way to exit the LAN configuration menu _with saving the settings_. This command will be displayed only when all the settings are consistent.

In other words, once you have the settings consistently set and there are no + signs any more, don't use "Q" to exit the LAN configuration menu. (I don't remember what was the correct key - perhaps A as in Accept?)

MK
MK