108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how remove integrated RAID on rx2660

SOLVED
Go to solution
Muhammad Shamroze
Frequent Advisor

how remove integrated RAID on rx2660

I have 2660 server with two 146GB HDD SAS and when i use to install the OS it automatically create RAID 1 on both the drives as their is
8-port SAS Embedded Chip Controller, now I want to install OS on one disk and on the second disk I want to use to oracle application, In short I dont want the RAID.

So please help me in this regards and tell me the steps so that when I install OS HP_UX 11i version 2 it should be install on disk and another disk I can use for Oracle APplication

Please reply soon
3 REPLIES 3
Sandy Chen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

From your EFI, type in: drvcfg, look for your current array, delete it and then create a RAID 0 array.

Check this chapter 3 of this manual: http://docs.hp.com/en/J6369-90045/J6369-90045.pdf

Regards,
Sandy
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
Muhammad Shamroze
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the Reply.........if I break the RAID 1 from drvcfg and dont make the RAID 0 Install is it possible that I can install OS on one disk and Oracle Apps on another disk.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

After you delete the mirror you should be able to treat the two mechs as JBODs (Just a Bunch Of Discs).

If this were a SmartArray you would have to create single-mech logical discs. I've not run drvcfg before to know if you need to do anything similar after breaking the mirror, but would think that the manual referenced aught to describe it at least indirectly.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows