New Discussion юеВ

Re: how to start power off server via MP console

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marek Mahut
Advisor

how to start power off server via MP console

Hello everybody,

can you tell me how to start power off system from MP console ?

Thanks,

Marek Mahut.
"If I ever find out about someone sacrificing quality in order to meet a shipment schedule, I will personally have him fired." -- Dave Packard
2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Go to the Command Menu with the CM command.
From there, you can use the PC (Power Control) command to switch the server on.
It will request a confirmation: "The power is currently off. Do you want to turn it on? [y/N]".

Then wait while the system runs self tests. At this point the new servers won't output anything to the console. To monitor the self tests, you can go back to the Main menu (command MA) and use the Virtual Front Panel (command VFP) to confirm the self-tests are proceeding. If you're not interested in the self test messages, you can go from the Main menu to the Console mode (command CO).

What happens after the self tests depends on server configuration. If the server is not set to boot automatically, there will be either a PDC prompt (PA-RISC servers) or an EFI menu (Itaniums) on the console. To see it, quit the Virtual Front Panel (press Ctrl-B) and switch the MP to the Console mode (command CO in the Main menu).

If the server is set to boot automatically, there is a short delay after the completion of the self tests where you can interrupt the boot sequence if necessary (10 seconds on PA-RISC, on Itanium it may be different).
MK
Marek Mahut
Advisor

Thank you very much.
"If I ever find out about someone sacrificing quality in order to meet a shipment schedule, I will personally have him fired." -- Dave Packard