1753501 Members
3490 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp server rx2600 bios

Mike_432

hp server rx2600 bios

how can i access rx2600 BIOS?

i want to access the BIOS option so i can set the server to boot from CD. Im trying to reinstall the said server.

please advise.
3 REPLIES 3
Marco Hogeveen
Honored Contributor

Mike,

On an Itanium-II system there's no BIOS setup to enter like in a Netserver or a PC.
If you want to boot from CD you have to enter the EFI shell during boot.

You will get a menu like this:
EFI Boot Manager ver 1.10 [14.57]

Please select a boot option
EFI Shell [Built-in]
Boot option maintenance menu
Security/Password Menu

Now select EFI Shell [Built-in].
Now you will get a list of devices (filesystem and block devices).

Look for a Filesystem device (starts with FS, not with BLK) which points to your CD-Rom and change to that device. Example: FS1 is your CD-Rom, press FS1: and press enter.

If your CD-Rom wasn't in the cd-rom player during boot you can use the command 'map -r' to rescan the devices.

Now you can use ls, dir and cd to browse the cd-rom. If you want to boot from it you will have to select a file with the extension .EFI (VMLINUZ.EFI for example).

Hope this helps.

Marco.
Jeff Coburn
Valued Contributor

You can also add an entry to your boot entry to boot from the DVD. From the Boot Manager menu choose Boot Option Maintenance Menu->Add a Boot Option->Removable Media Boot.

For your boot description call it whatever you want, such as "DVD-ROM". Choose "N" for no boot option.

You might also want to check out the links Sunil provided, and the Operation and Maintenance guide:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=88837&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=88837&docIndexId=120926