1753521 Members
5089 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp ux- problem screen

taouw
Frequent Advisor

hp ux- problem screen

I have a server rx2600, but i have a problem to connect this server to the screen (i have a simple cursor), however i can connect to this server using the MP. can anyone help me, thank y.
6 REPLIES 6
R.K. #
Honored Contributor

Hi Taouw,

How are you trying to connect to the server?

Try using putty and terminal setting as vt100 and see if it helps.

R.K.
Don't fix what ain't broke
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Your question does not make sense at all. What kind of screen you are talking about ? A Terminal ? If so, what is the model of this terminal ? How is it connected to Rx2600 box ? Serial cable ?

Simple cursor ?? Cursor is simple by definition. What else do you expect ? If you hit ctrl-b and see the MP menu, it means the terminal is working fine. What else are you expecting to see ?

I connect to a simple screen with a serial cable (VGA) not a console, the connection is working fine in MP, but the problem still exist in the terminal screen
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>the problem still exist in the terminal screen

It would help if you mention the type of monitor, terminal or terminal emulator.
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

If you can see output on the MP emulated screen then it may be that you have not correctly set the graphics mode in the EFI as there are 2 settings.
The way this normally manifests itself (For me) is that the initial start of the system where it does a hardware scan,etc is displayed, but right after "Launching /stand/vmunix..." you no longer see any output. Unless you change the VGA settings for the console in the EFI shell.

hope this helps

regards

Matt
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

this doesnt make sense to me

I connect to a simple screen with a serial cable (VGA) not a console

you are either using a serial terminal/emulator or VGA monitor.

The VGA onboard the RX2600 is not supported as standard in HPUX, you need an optional PCI graphics/usb card to use graphics locally.

to connect via serial you should be conencted with the black W cable 25pin -> 3x 9pin connections -> your serial terminal

from here you can connect to MP with control b or efi or hpux. or you could connect through MP via lan if it has been configured

Andy