108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO version and upgrade?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gene Laoyan
Super Advisor

iLO version and upgrade?

How do I determine what version iLO I have on our P Class Blade chassis and can we "Flash" upgrade to iLO2? If we can upgrade, where can I get the upgrade and what do we need to do to license it?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Gene Laoyan
Super Advisor

OK, here's what we get from the web interface...

Firmware Revisions:
iLO MP: H.03.21
BMC: 04.08
EFI: 05.41
System Firmware: 01.70

Is it possible to upgrade to iLO2?

I am hoping iLO2 will have the ability to connect a virtual CD/DVD to our blade BL60p.

Thanks
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

The BL60p supports iLO for Integrity servers. It is not software-upgradable to iLO 2; the management processor is integrated on the system board.

The current update does not contain newer iLO firmware than you have. The latest:
VERSION: System 01.81, BMC 04.08, and iLO MP H.03.21
available here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1146487&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1146484&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=7#2927
Gene Laoyan
Super Advisor

OK, Thank you!
rick jones
Honored Contributor

While as already pointed-out you cannot upgrade a BL60p to iLO2, if you are on the latest firmware you _might_ be able to use dbprofile to do a directed LAN boot and a specific server without needing DHCP, although overall that probably wouldn't be much different from a plain Ignite install.

The zx2 and sx[12]000 based systems have support for "dbprofile" at the EFI level - at the time some of the then "newer" zx1-based systems also had their firmware upgraded to include it. While the BL60p is zx1-based I'm not sure if it was "new enough" at the time.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows